Game changing mobile app turns tablets and smartphones into robust mPOS devices that help global customers drive sales and streamline business processes
BOSTON, April 23, 2013 — ROAM, an Ingenico company and the leading mobile commerce platform provider, has launched ROAMpay X4, the latest evolution of its mobile point of sale (mPOS) application, offering a range of innovative features designed to enhance the app’s user experience and simplify integration with existing backend systems. The game changing mobile app provides a turnkey solution for merchants, major retailers, acquirers, resellers and financial institutions who want to get to market quickly, easily and cost-effectively with a complete mPOS system.
As the central component to ROAM’s mobile commerce platform, ROAMpay X4 is designed to help businesses of all sizes and geographies extend their traditional point of sale infrastructure onto Android and iOS-based smartphones and tablets. By enabling merchants to transform their mobile devices into true point of sale terminals, businesses are able to improve customer service, reduce business inefficiencies, differentiate from competitors and drive additional revenue.
“Mobile point of sale is a whole lot more than plugging a dongle into a mobile phone and enabling card acceptance,” said Ken Paull, CEO of ROAM. “It’s become a channel for merchants and merchant-facing organizations to reinvent the point of sale experience and better engage with their customers,” added Paull. “By launching ROAMpay X4, we’re providing our customers with the most advanced mobile point of sale app on the market, enabling them to gain an incredible competitive advantage and immediate return on investment.”
A recent survey from Motorola Solutions of what merchants are looking for in mobile point of sale indicates that 71% of retailers are planning to use this technology to improve customer service, while 51% will use it to assist with inventory management. In addition to these merchant demands, there has also been a growing need within the developer community to incorporate payment acceptance capabilities into their existing apps. ROAM has met these demands by releasing its ROAMpay API, enabling developers to build their own customized mobile point of sale apps, while leveraging all of the functionality that ROAMpay X4 provides.
“While this market is evolving at a very rapid pace, we’ve listened closely to our customers to understand their needs and to identify where the market is headed,” said Bill Pittman, Senior Vice President of Product Management at ROAM. “Our tens of thousands of customers have already started migrating to this app, and the feedback we’ve been receiving thus far has been tremendous,” added Pittman. “ROAM has many exciting product developments on the horizon, and we will continue to heavily invest in these advancements in order to maintain our position as the leading provider of world class mobile point of sale solutions.”
ROAMpay X4’s key features include:
- Offline processing capabilities to protect against lost wireless connectivity and POS service interruptions
- White labeling capabilities providing businesses with a unique, custom branded mPOS system
- Configurable inventory management enabling merchants to have immediate access to product information from the shop floor
- Previous purchase recognition and personalized receipts to streamline the transaction process and improve customer service
- The ability to capture a customer’s email, providing an additional marketing channel
- Multiple language options and currency types, making the app usable by merchants around the world
- An enhanced user experience enabling users to leverage device specific functionality (i.e. camera to photo inventory that is uploaded to product catalogue)
- Advanced security settings including end-to-end data encryption and PIN-based authentication
- The ability to easily integrate with existing backend systems, creating an enterprise-grade mPOS solution
ROAM™, an Ingenico company, helps merchants get to market quickly with secure, cost effective and powerful mobile point of sale solutions, regardless of the technology environment. ROAM’s “powered by” mCommerce platform provides the hardware peripherals, applications, tools and services enabling companies worldwide to realize the benefits of using mobile to reinvent their interactions with their customers and to create new business efficiencies. Founded in 2005, ROAM is a pioneer in the mobile POS space, having produced and distributed the industry’s first secure mobile card reader and today powers mobile point of sale solutions for many of the leading companies in this market, globally. For more information, visit www.roamdata.com.