Ingenico this week introduced what it calls the industry’s first audio jack-based NFC contactless mobile card acceptance product with support for Apple Pay, MasterCard contactless and Visa payWave, according to a press release.
The RP170c is fully compatible with the Ingenico Mobile Solutions m-commerce platform, including its mPOS application, management portals and gateway to instantly accept all of the latest NFC payment methods — including Apple Pay as well as all Visa and MasterCard contactless cards, whether they are EMV or magstripe. As with any mPOS solutions deployed by Ingenico Mobile Solutions, the RP170c-based solution can also be white labeled for merchants — or for channel partners reselling the solution — who want to emphasize their own brand.
“Ingenico Group has a strong track record of innovation when it comes to EMV and NFC as we were the first one to develop combined EMV and NFC features in smart terminals in the U.S. and across the globe,” said Jacques Guerin, executive vice president of smart terminals and mobile solutions at Ingenico Group. “Today, we are introducing the only mPOS solution that will be able to process Apple Pay, MasterCard contactless and Visa payWave transactions. With such a solution, we continue to provide merchants with future-proof mPOS solutions.”
Additional features of the RP170c include:
- NFC contactless reader and dual track magnetic stripe reader (MSR) in one unit;
- compatible with virtually any iOS or Android device, and connects via a 3.5mm standard audio jack;
- EMV Level 1 contactless certification;
- certified for qVSD and MSD (Visa), plus M/Stripe and M/Chip (MasterCard);
- audible buzzer and color LEDs to signal completed contactless transaction;
- integrated extended-life rechargeable battery; and
- developer-friendly SDK for mobile application integration.